This morning, I’ve decided to try Bird’s newest feature for chargers – Move Task. Move tasks are being tested in Arlington & D.C. I am not certain if everyone has access to it, but it appears on my map.
Move tasks are basically scooter transport tasks for a small bounty. The compensations I’ve seen so far ranges from $1-$2.5. For these tasks, you don’t need to charge. Simply pickup and release at a nest.
I found 2 clusters of Bird scooters near me. I ended up capturing 6 scooters to move. Right after I captured them, a 6 limit nest opened up a few blocks away. I was able to release all 6 scooters within 10 minutes. That was $10 for about 10 minutes of work. Not bad.
I’ve done move tasks for Skip and Lime. But by far, Bird move tasks was easier and actually made sense to me. Here are my thoughts.
- $3 for move tasks
- Sometimes, these are repair scooters. You have to be careful not to capture these for $3. I’ve done it once and Skip actually paid me an extra $3 for it
- Drop Zones can disappear at any moment. A few times, all of the Drop Zones disappeared while I had 10+ Skips to transport. I had to drive to D.C. to drop them. Totally not worth it.
- A lot of times, these scooters had little to no battery. Made no sense to me to move these scooters. Sometimes, I was able to capture them right after I release them due to low battery level
- $1-2.5 for move tasks
- In a beta phase for testing
- $1-2 seems too low but found in clusters
- High battery levels.
Bird’s move task feature looks promising to me. I would do it for $2-$3 ranger especially when they appear during my morning release time.